Khusus untuk SMA – Kls.X
Contoh 2 :
Early one morning, Umar was walking to the bus stop to catch a bus to school. A loud, screeching noise suddenly pierced the air. Umar realized that there had been an accident. A small boy was lying unconscious on the road, and the car that had hit him had already run away.
Umar was confused and frightened. “is the boy dead?” Umar asked himself. However, the boy was still breathing. Umar could see that the boy had bruises all over his face and arms.
Umar did not know what to do. Few cars passed along this road at this time of the day. The nearest house which he could go to for help was his own, but it would take ten minutes to walk there. Umar finally decided to stay with the boy until somebody came by.
Time passed very slowly – so it seemed to Umar. The boy was still unconscious, and Umar prayed for the boy to regain consciousness.
Umar sprang to his feet at the sound of an approaching car. He waved frantically at the driver to stop. Umar asked the driver,”You will help this boy, won,t you, Sir?” The driver was kind. He carried the injuried boy to the car. Umar went with them to the hospital. Later, the driver took Umar to the police station to report the accident.
Umar had a lot to tell to his friends that day at school. All his friends though Umar was a very brave boy.”it was an unforgettable incident, wasn,t it?” They asked him.
“Yes, it was, “Umar replied.”it was a terrifying experience, thought!”
1. What is the genre of the text?
e. News item
2. The purpose of the text is to ….
a. tell a past event
b. entertain readers
c. discuss something
d. report a phenomena
e. describe Umar,s activity
3. Umar and the helpful driver went to the police station after they ….
a. stopped the approaching car
b. reported the accident they saw
c. brought the boy to the nearest house
d. had seen the injured boy on the road
e. had carried the injured boy to the hospital
4. “Time passed very slowly” ….( paragraph 4 )
This part of the text is called ….
5. What do Umar,s friends think about him ….
a. he is an honest boy
b. he is a coward boy
c. he is a very brave boy
d. he is a kind boy
e. he is an easy going boy
6. The old woman was feel …. after she had heard that her beloved son was seriousely injured in a terrible accident.
7. The room is to narrow, we need a …. of air in here.
“Once upon a time a hawk feel in love with a hen. The hawk flew down from the sky and asked the hen, “Won,t you marry me?”
The hen loved the brave, strong hawk and wishes to marry him.But she said,”I cannot fly as high as you can. If you give me time, I may learn to fly as high as you. Then, we can fly together.”
The hawk agreed. Before he went away, he gave the hen a ring. “This is to show that you have promised to marry me,”said the hawk.
So it happened that the hen had already promised to marry a rooster. So, when the rooster saw the ring, he became very angry. “Throw that ring away at once! Didn,t you tell the hawk that you,d already promised to marry me?” shouted the rooster .The hen was so frightened at the rooster anger that she threw away the ring immediately.
When the hawk came the next day, the hen told him the truth. The hawk was so furious that he cursed the hen. “Why didn,t you tell me earlier? Now, You,ll always be scratching the earth, and I,ll always be flying above you to catch your children,”said the hawk.
The curse seems to have come true.
8. What is the genre of the text?
e. News item
9. Why couldn,t the hen say “yes” right away?
a. because she did not love the hawk
b. because she had no ring to exchange
c. because it would make the roaster angry
d. because the hawk was too brave and strong
e. because she had to learn how to fly as high as the hawk
10. What is the story about?
a. A hen and a rooster
b. A hawk and his wife
c. A hen and her children
d. A rooster ang his fiancé
e. A hawk, a hen and a rooster
11. The hawk flew down from the sky and asked the hen,”won,t you marry me?”(paragraph 1).
What does the underlined utterance mean?
a. The hen wanted to marry the hawk
b. The hen refused to marry the hawk
c. The hen agreed to be the hawk,s wife
d. The hawk proposed the hen to be his wife
e. The hawk wanted to marry the hen at the sky
12. Why was the rooster angry when he saw the ring?
a. The hen had betrayed him
b. The hen had stolen his ring
c. The hen didn,t wear her own ring
d. The ring was not good for the hen
e. The ring was to small for the hen
13. What can we learn from the story? We have to ….
a. take care of our children
b. keep our promise
c. love one another
d. listen to other
e. marry soon
14. The hen loved the brave ….(paragraph 2)
This part of text called ….
d. Major complication
15. When the hawk came ….(paragraph 5)
This part of the text called
d. Major complication
16. After the passengers had been out from the plane board, the stewardess collect the trash which may be …. By the passengers.
c. set up
17. You needn,t to …., because we have heard your voice clearly.
18. What is the tense that use on the text above?
a. Past tense
b. Present tense
c. Future tense
d. Perfect tense
e. Past perfect tense
19. ”Didn,t you tell the hawk that you,d already promised to marry me?”
Shouted the rooster.
Which word of the following words has the closest meaning with the underlined word?
20. The hawk was so furious that he cursed the hen. One of the following words is the anthonyme of the underlined word.
21. What is the genre of the text?
22. What is the communicative purpose of the text?
a. To tell the story of a ballon
b. To retell the event
c. To explain the steps how to make a ballon power rocket
d. To describe the ballon
e. To inform the reader how to do something
23. What is the goal of the text?
a. Telling about the ballon powered rocket
b. Making a ballon powered rocket
c. Making a rocket power ballon
d. Powered rocket with ballon
24. “You will need a ballon, sticky tape, sensors, string, a plastick drinking, straw.”
What do we call this part of the text?
25. How many materials are needed to make a ballon powered rocket ….
26. First,……the phone receiver.
26. First,……the phone receiver.
a. put of
27. Then, ……..the coin (s)
28. Next,……the number you want.
29. wait for the dial …….
30. finally,put the ….. back after you finish the call.
31. David : “Hi….how do you do?”
Martin : “………”
a. How do you do
b. Nice to meet you
c. I’m fine, and you?
d. not bad
e. a and b are correct
32. pete : “How about having dinner with me tonight?
Kate : “Thanks you, I’d love to.
From the dialogue above we conclude that …..
a. kate declines the the invitation together
b. pete want to hve dinner
c. kate love pete
d. pete invites kate to have dinner
e. pete make a date with kate
33. The boy : “……, madam.Would you mind if I sit beside you?”
The old lady : “ By all means.”
b. Excuse me
d. How do you do
e. Nice to meet you
34. April : “ my brother has got a scholarship to continue his study in one of prominent university in America.”
Ivone : “ ……………..”
a. I’m glad to hear that
b. I’m sorry to know that
c. it’s common
d. I’m not surprise
e. I’m not satisfied
35. Cavin : “You know Rita’s father is hospitalized for his serious illness.”
Barbara : “…………….”
a. She must be very sad
b. She must be very happy
c. Excuse me
d. It’s borring
e. it’s good idea
36. Directure : “Type and report the meeting conclusion immediately!”
Secretary : “ All right, sir!”
The underlined words express ……..
37. when father came, children ……. A TV programe.
a. was watching TV
b. were watching TV
c. watching TV
38. David usually ……… to the book store twice a month.
c. has attended
39. Teacher 1 : “Did you see the head master?”
Teacher 2 : “Yes, he …… in the library now.
a. reads a magazines
b. is reading a magazine
c. was reading a magazine
d. read a magazine
e. has read a magazine
40. Deborah : “ My brother ………. To america for countinuing his study next weak.”
Roberta : “That’s great”.
a. will leave
d. has left
41. Tina : “ When … you cut your hair so masculine?”
Martin : “ I have the barber cut it yesterday”.
d. have done
42. Mr. Watson is teacher. She teaches in (famous - a – school – big) the good arrangement for the words in the bracket is ….
a. a school big famous
b. famous a school big
c. big school favorite
d. a famous big school
e. a big famous school
43. Ramzy : wow! That’s a lovely “bandana”,tami.is it new?
Tami : yes it is. Thank’s a lot
Ramzy : The color and the model look nice on you.
Tami : oh, I am. I am really love this bandana.
Ramzy : Did you buy it your self? It must be expensive!
Tami : Certainly not. Iyus . My lovely brother bought it for me as a gift.
Ramzy : Did he? What a generous brother you have!
What is the gambit of the dialogue above..?
a. leave taking
b. giving compliment
c. asking information
e. breaking in
44. What is the invitation about ?
a. Request of presence
b. The opening ceremony of new branch office
c. Meet Mr. and Mrs. Frank Jackson
d. General mercantile ltd
e. RSVP to the Secretary
45. Who were invited to the opening ceremony ?
a. The chairman
b. The Director
c. General mercantile
d. Mr. and Mrs. Frank Jackson
e. The secretary
46. Where was the opening ceremony held ?
a. 3000, Victoria street, London BC.
b. 300, Victoria street, London EC
c. 30, Victoria street, London EC
d. 30, Victoria street, London AC
e. 30, Victoria street, London BC
47. Which statement is correct ?
a. a large expensive round wooden table
b. a young sexy interesting lady
c. a Beautiful magnificient museum
d. Borobudur is a high and unique temple
e. Look at the nice blue and beautiful sky
Choose the best pronoun !
48. Julie fell off her bicycle and broke ….. arm
49. adam and Amanda are merried ……..live in an apartment buiding.
e. They are
50. we live in the same building …… apartment has one bedroom.
d. We are
Sumber : http://www.duniaedukasi.net/